Based in Düsseldorf, Germany, Marc is a passionate sports marketeer with over 25 years of global sponsorships and sports industry experience. As an ambitious student athlete, he played NCAA Div. 1 tennis and graduated from James Madison University in 1991 with a BBA in Marketing.
Following groundbreaking campaigns as founder of Publicis Sponsoring and VP Global Sponsorships at Mastercard, Marc founded his own sport marketing and global sponsorships agency in Dusseldorf, Germany, Marc Brix Sports Group GmbH.
Throughout his career, he has developed an expertise for international sponsorship and brand marketing campaigns around major sporting properties such as FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro, UEFA Champions League, the Olympic Games and other leading sport events including the successful integration of athletes, sports legends and celebrities as brand ambassadors.
Marc has managed leading programs for clients such as adidas, Coca-Cola, Ferrero, Zurich or Mastercard, who have trusted his team leadership and experience over the years. Besides the management of corporate sport and entertainment partnerships, Marc has launched, managed and developed agencies such as Publicis Sponsoring and Octagon Germany in leading roles.
While executing global brand strategies, Marc has been focusing on executive level consultancy in the US and Europe, providing experience, expertise and a regional network for local market entries and project and sponsorship execution. Marc and his agency team have designed and managed numerous market entry strategies for agencies, clubs and brands in both regions.
- 1991 – 1999 Sports Marketing Consultant, Coach “Business Lessons from the world of Sports”
- 1999 – 2004 Publicis Groupe, CEO/Founder Publicis Sponsoring
- 2004 – 2006 Mastercard, VP Global Sponsorships, FIFA World Cup
- 2006 – now Marc Brix Sports Group, CEO/Founder
- 2006 – 2012 adidas Group, Excl. Agent B2B Promotions/Licensing
- 2013 – 2020 Octagon Germany, General Manager
- 2019 – 2023 Kora Sustainability, Investor & Head of Global Partnerships
- 2023 – now Champions4Good, Founder
Athletes / Legends
Throughout his career as a tennis professional and in sports marketing, Marc has admired the power and influence of athletes and sports legends on their passionate followers.
His work with Pelé, managing the football icon’s media and event appearances at various FIFA World Cups, remains an unforgettable highlight in his career.
Appearances / Coaching
Marc is a speaker at industry conferences, mentor at the Student Athlete Leadership Program at James Madison University and author/coach of ‘The Fine Line / Career & business lessons from the world of Sports’.
- Chairman of the International Alumni Council, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA.
Marc strongly believes in the life and leadership values of true Champions and aims to connect them with socially relevant impact projects and the partnerships of leading brands through his network. Champions4Good will become a global movement of athletes, celebrities and brands, making a joint impact for people and the planet.
- NCAA Div. 1 Top 15 player, Men’s Tennis James Madison University 1987 – 1991
- Professional Tennis Player, club/team competition in Germany
- ITF Seniors Doubles World Champion, ITF Senior World Championships, Turkey 2013
- Global Citizen
- Married to Monika Brix with two adult children